Advanced Producibility Engineer Non-Wovens
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to Healthcare projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will design products to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, testing, and may serve a project manager role for smaller development projects. You will develop the product designs necessary to drive product improvement and will be integral in securing present and future business by consistently meeting or exceeding Voice of Customer requirements.
This position is responsible for collaborating with the design team to help develop designs which are easy to manufacture. Must be able to perform analysis of the manufacturability of product designs, development of manufacturing processes, product launch, process scale-up, and process and equipment improvement activities. This individual will have the lead responsibility for Design to Manufacturing Transfer (utilizing six sigma tool sets for problem solving leadership), implement new processes and support existing processes for surgical and disposable masks manufacturing. Act as a bridge between the engineering and manufacturing teams. Must be working closely with the supplier to define the specifications and ensure quality product is delivered.
· Responsible for process engineering and project management to support process scale-up.
· Must be able to analyze Designs and provide plant input in manufacturing process development, to include but not limited to, process design requirements, risk analysis, traceability matrix, design history file, etc.
· Apply experience with manufacturing process equipment to lead the selection and/or design of equipment for prototype and full-scale manufacturing
· Assist as technical process expert in supplier Common Assessment and internal technical leader for supplier DFM reviews.
· As key program NPI project team member, drive DFM to support common
· Documentation Preparation
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of experience in engineering
· 3+ years of experience working with non-woven and melt-blown fabrics
· Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
· Experience working on non-woven and melt-blown fabrics and disposable masks
· Lead and manage efforts to create novel processes leading to full scale manufacturing of disposable masks. These solutions are often unique and creative in nature to improve specific processes. Must be able to manage the projects in their entirety, and be able to perform/deliver specific project tasks as necessary
· Ability to relay subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
· Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
· Demonstrated mastery experience with design tools appropriate for the field (Mathcad / Matlab, etc.)
· Demonstrated leadership experience in coordinating and overseeing successful projects
- JOB ID: req255367
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States