Advanced Application Engineer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. You will be part of customer facing organization-Global Technical Support team, responsible for driving world class customer experience. You will investigate product issues faced by customers in software/ firmware, providing workarounds and improving SDK and Applications on multiple platforms.
If you desire a meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
- Provide in depth technical assistance for internal and external customers, facilitating the investigation, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of complex technical issues; Areas will include factors relating to configuration, installation, environmental and application functionality, as well as other potential causes
- Expedite timely resolutions wherever possible to help maintain and reduce cycle times
- Work with and escalate issues to product development and Quality teams where required, prioritizing requests based on severity and business case
- Deeper investigation of complex technical issues and resolution of customer requests
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring of the lower support tiers to improve product knowledge and issue handling skills
- Participating in New Product Introduction (NPI) programs facilitating robust designs and flawless product launches
- Preparing the team to support new product offerings, by participating in the Honeywell New Product Introduction (NPI) program
- Build strong relationships with our partner and end customer base and become knowledgeable about their respective needs; Keep the customer updated on the status of work in progress on their problems
- Develop robust communication practices with solid focus on customer service and solution quality
- Support the knowledge-sharing mindset and apply the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology guidelines; Contribute knowledge base content for all new issues encountered by and resolved at Tier 3 and enhance existing content where necessary to ensure good visibility, re-usability of data on known problems
- Maintain and extend product knowledge by self-study and by attending relevant training sessions
- Regularly share product and troubleshooting knowledge via coaching and training initiatives
- Mentor in lower support tiers as part of the company’s talent development and retention ethos
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as and when required
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or any relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience developing Software products/Applications
- 2+ years of experience with iOS and Android Application debugging methodologies
- Experience in software product design, development, debugging, troubleshooting & isolating issues
- Knowledge of programming languages (like C, C++, Java)
- Strong Awareness of Software development life cycle
- Experience with Android & iOS Application Development
- Experience with Android Framework, UI Development
- Great presentation skills and ability to train others in the team
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- JOB ID: req241835
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States