Warehouse Team Lead
Coordinate the work of employees who load and unload material within the warehouse or storage facility. Monitor the utilization of hand trucks, forklifts, hoist, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from containers, trucks, or trains and within the storage facility. Prepare work schedules and oversee the work flow. Ensure procedures are followed according to specifications. Qualified employee shall have knowledge of a variety of practices and procedures within a particular field. This position relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. The individual shall perform a variety of complicated tasks as well as lead and direct the work of others. This position may require the candidate to work on weekend(s) and over time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support the Senior Team Lead in monitoring daily inbound and outbound flows in the warehouse as well as efficiency of all daily inbound and outbound shipments.
2. Assist in maintaining location control by reviewing location availability, capacity, and storage conditions.
3. Monitor daily counts: carry out cycle count process by performing daily counts whenever necessary.
4. Assist Senior Team Lead to prioritize shipping and receiving activities to effectively meet order fulfilment and shipping schedules.
5. Accomplish all assigned tasks efficiently and ensure all inventories are distributed to their designated inventory locations accordingly.
6. Monitor Will-Call orders to insure they are processed promptly and accurately.
7. Perform Material Handing activities according to established company policies.
8. Oversee Accuracy of incoming and outgoing paperwork; ensure paperwork is processed promptly and correctly.
9. Assist in the training and acclimation of new employees for the DC.
10. Complete Monthly Safety and security inspections.
11. Maintain and report discrepancies found during receiving or order picking such as item counts, and description, or physical of the item.
12. Assist the Senior Team Lead in the WMS system management as related to shipping, receiving, and management in inventory.
13. Assist the Senior Team Lead to insure that all PM’s (operator and technician level) are scheduled, completed and supporting documentation is updated.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the GITI management team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Oral/Written Communication Skills * Detail Oriented
- Excellent decision – making in fast paced * Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize
- Interpersonal Relations; able to work
- Communicate effectively
- Computer Literacy including Windows,Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
Education / Training
This position requires a high school diploma or GED certificate.
At least 5 years of experience in shipping & receiving environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse Management System and/or RF/RFID a plus. Valid state issued Driver’s License is a must. Forklift Driver Certification on Reach Truck, sit Down Truck, Order Picker and/or Carton Clamps is highly preferred.
1. Ability to stand/walk for extended period of time on concrete floor
2. Push and Pull up to 300 lbs.
3. Lifting up to 50 pounds without restrictions.