Giti Tire USA
Warehouse Team Lead
Coordinate the work of employees who load and unload material within the warehouse or storage facility. Monitor the utilization of hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from containers, trucks or trains and within the storage facility. Prepare work schedules, and oversee the work flow. Ensure procedures are followed according to specifications. Qualified employee shall have knowledge of a variety of practices and procedures within a particular field. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The individual shall perform a variety of complicated tasks as well as lead and direct the work of others. This position may require the candidate to work on weekend(s) and overtime.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support the Team Leads in monitoring daily inbound and outbound schedules to anticipate for resource planning, equipment and effective process flow.
2. Assist in maintaining location control by reviewing location availability, capacity, and storage conditions.
3. Monitor daily cycle counts to ensure the process is performed according to work instructions or procedures.
4. Assist Team Leads to prioritize shipping and receiving activities to effectively meet order fulfillment and shipping schedules.
5. Accomplish all assigned tasks efficiently and ensure all inventories are distributed to their designated inventory locations accordingly.
6. Monitor the Will-Call (WC) process to ensure WC orders are prioritized, accurately processed and ship in timely fashion.
7. Perform Material Handling activities according to established company policies.(Receiving, Picking, Inventory Control)
8. Oversee accuracy of incoming and outgoing paperwork; ensure paperwork is processed promptly and correctly.
9. Assist new employees with the training and orientation of the warehouse policies and procedures.
10. Complete Monthly Safety and security inspections.
11. Maintain positive and effective communication with peers, management, and other departments
12. Assist with the document control process to maintain current and reliable SOPs as well as emergency operation procedures.
13. Maintain and report discrepancies found during receiving and order picking. i.e. SKU counts, SKU description, and physical item conditions
14. Assist the Team Leads with the WMS system management, as relates to shipping, receiving, and inventory control
15. Assist the Team Leads to insure all equipment PMs’ are scheduled according to timeframe agreed by contract
16. Monitor the equipment daily inspection report to ensure proper utilization, safety and minimum down time.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the GITI management team.
Education / Training
This position requires a high school diploma or GED Certificate.
At least 5 years of experience in shipping & receiving environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse Management System and/or RF/RFID a plus.
Valid state issued Driver’s License is a must. Forklift Driver Certification on Reach Truck, Sit Down Truck, Order Picker and / or Carton Clamps is highly preferred.
1. Ability to stand/walk for extended period of time on concrete floor
2. Push and Pull up to 300 lbs
3. Lifting up to 50 pounds without limitation