Giti Tire USA
Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator
This position is the key role in processing warranty claims. Adhere to company warranty policies and procedures to keep overall warranty expenses within specified company metric. Manage daily warranty approvals, denials, customer claim inquires, warranty products return, and warranty data reports. To identify, gather information and data and report all product and quality concerns identified in the field; to review all received warranty claims forms from customers, physically inspect tires reported as warranty claims and prepare monthly reports; to perform detailed analysis of all warranty claims reported involving our products, to coordinate product evaluations to determine their performance in the field.
To perform this job successfully, the individual shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Tire Industry and Quality monitoring field in the tire industry. The qualified individual relies on their experience and judgement to plant and accomplish goals. He/she is expected to perform a variety of tasks. This position is required to work under general supervision. A wide degree of creativity, initiative, integrity, self-discipline, and excellent reporting skills are required.
Medium level of travel within North America (Including Canada) is required (60 %). Such traveling will include other areas overseas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to process all customer warranty claims, provide daily performance reports; manage warranty claims including inspection, analysis, collections, and quality reporting.
- Organization of the tire inspections areas (TIA) in South Carolina, including: tool purchasing; identification, and ensure that tires received at TIA are timely inspected and validated or rejected.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer (dealers and end-users) follow the company warranty policy and procedures. The decisions on approving or denying the warranty claims submitted by client must meet those policy and procedures.
- Analyze and validate warranty claims reported by customers; identify the trends of warranty claims for engineering, manufacturing / workmanship defects or abuse (new products difficulties) from North America / Latin American dealers and Distributors.
- Answer and respond to dealers, distributors, and retailers based inquires relating to proper application of warranty; educate customers on company warranty policy and procedures; ensure proper and relevant claim procedures are enforced and followed by clients.
- Report product related and quality concerns as quickly as possible to the immediate supervisor to validate the need for reporting to R & D.
- Handle warranty processing escalations; visit selected customer with high volume of warranty claims on a periodical programed schedule; provide technical assistance to customers through periodical visits.
- Participate in the drafting of updates of current and new policies and procedures; assist in reviewing and modifying policies and procedures as assigned.
- Record all dealers, distributor, and retailers warranty claim related communication in order to assure future up calls concerning warranty claims are visible to the QA team.
- Set up various types of warranty reports (All Brand’s).
- Assist with Warranty Administration Training and develop / or revise written work instructions for warranty systems.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and required resources effectively
- Perform miscellaneous job relate duties assigned.
Skill / Qualifications
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Reading, analytical & presentation skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Computer Literacy
- Team Player
- Math Aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
Education / Training
This position requires at least an associate degree in a technical or engineering discipline or equivalent training in Technical Service or equivalent combination of educations and experience in Technical Service within the tire industry.
AT least 3-5 years of warranty / quality & Compliance experience in the tire / automotive industry. Ability to interpret technical aspects of the product manuals. Possess strong troubleshooting abilities in claims processing.