Giti Tire USA
TBM Setup Main Operator/Tire Builder
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Singapore, Giti Tire is a global tire company, fully integrated across R&D, manufacturing, and distribution serving consumers in over 130 countries around the world. The Giti Tire Manufacturing (USA), Ltd. is proud to be the first North American plant and will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets.
Tire Build Set Up Technician
We are hiring a Manufacturing Tire Build Set Up Technician to join our team! You will operate machinery and equipment, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. You will be responsible for tooling preparation, set-up of TBM, start-up of initial run, and running manufacturing equipment until standard is met. Accountabilities also include ensuring that jobs meet quality specifications, manufacturing standards and that safety procedures are followed while working to continuously improve quality and productivity of manufacturing operations.
- Operate, changeover, and adjust machine, drums, and transfer rings
- Troubleshoot machine irregularities
- Read and interpret specifications
- Ability to retain information quickly and work independently
- Input schematic changes into HMI system
- Complete paperwork and test requests in a timely fashion
- Properly use a tape measure, scale, caliper, other measuring tools
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Meet quality and manufacturing standards
- Continuous improvement of quality and productivity of manufacturing operations
- Basic skills to setup, load, and unload material from manual and automated equipment with little supervision.
- Ability to recognize anomalies and irregularities in a product
- Understanding the tolerances for a manufactured product and the materials included
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of technical related degree
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields
- Familiarity with schematics and technical drawings
- Familiarity with manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Must possess basic computer skills, data entry skills, and the ability to operate and load simple computer programs to run the equipment. Ability to operate with speed and accuracy and maintain a team player attitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, business, technical, analytical, and planning skills
- Experience operating conventional machines and working in a production-oriented and results driven environment preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
Throughout any 12-hour shift, employee must be able to do the following:
- Stand/walk/move about specific work area
- Lift to 50+ lbs. on a frequent basis
Lift over 75 lbs. on an infrequent basis
- Work and operate a computer terminal
- Work in confined spaces
- Work any shift as required including overtime as needed
- Tolerate a smoke free environment on company grounds
Shifts: Currently 8-hour shift: 3pm – 11pm / 11pm – 7am; Possibility of 12-hour rotation in the future: 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
GiTi Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law