Giti Tire USA
Supply Chain Analyst
This position is a core supply chain function supporting the Director Supply Chain in forecasting, analysis, planning and inventory management activities. Responsible for delivering insight and business critical reporting to enhance the performance of the Material and Operations team. Will develop and deploy analytics that drive effective decision-making and enable Operations to improve on existing business processes.
Assist the organization’s forecast planning function using inventory levels, production speed, and product demand to estimate output. Gather and evaluate data to develop solutions for increasing production. Design and develop metrics to use to provide accurate presentation of the forecast. Coordinate with vendors and customers to determine optimal inventory levels. The person in this position shall be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He/she shall perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Design and generate periodic statistical forecast reports; develop statistical models to be used in inventory management and supply planning to ensure adequate inventory of products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy.
2. Continuously improve forecasting techniques, method, and approach; relate and measure the impact of forecast accuracy.
3. Develop, implement and monitor inventory management and control procedures to ensure proper inventory is in all DC locations; evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
4. Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
5. Assemble and analyze all external data from Sales and Marketing (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, etc.)
6. Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecast and respective inventory target
7. Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trend as directed.
8. Participate in forecast and inventory planning meetings with Marketing team; review recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, promotions, etc.)
9. Monitor inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
10. Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, fill rates fulfillment, inventory plan vs. targets, etc.)
11. Monitor SKU levels as assigned.
12. Work collaboratively with functional experts (Supply Chain, DC, Logistics, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance, IT, etc.) proactively in obtaining all necessary data for reporting purposes
13. Report all the activities of the supply chain to upper management, who will use this information that align to our key business objectives by analyzing operational and financial data for budgeting and business development purposes.
14. Assist in planning and implementing inventory replenishment plans / programs; research for any software to support etc.
15. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Job CompetenciesOpens a New Window.
Education / Training
This position requires Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field and / or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field or in a related area. APICS or other Supply Chain certification preferred.
Require 5+ years of Supply Chain analysis experience with Inventory / Supply Chain Management, Inventory Planning & Replenishing, Demand planning & forecasting, etc. preferably in the tire and / or automotive industry. Successful candidate will possess a proven track record of successful inventory control management in a fast-pace and growing environment.
Capable of working the entire MS Office suite especially Excel a must. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software application is necessary. Oracle eBusiness Suite (ERP) preferred.