Giti Tire USA
Shift Quality Lead
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, coordination and direction of the on-shift quality associates to provide a smooth transition and resolution of process difficulties to minimize abnormality and optimize product quality and uniformity. Communicate with all plant production areas concerning scrap and quality and the effect of these items on overall plant performance.
Essential Duties & Functions
• Leads, directs, and co-ordinates on shift efforts throughout the plant to obtain optimal product quality and minimum levels of abnormality. The primary focus is on green and cured scrap but also includes milling, friction and bead issues. This responsibility includes but is not restricted to:
• Providing the direct leadership, setting the focus and administering the accountability of the on –shift Technology & Quality associates in each Business Center in their efforts to identify and implement preventative and corrective action to optimize product quality and minimize plant abnormality.
• Interfacing with and coordinating efforts with Shift Leaders and Business Center support staff to assure integration of Business Center efforts throughout the plant to obtain maximum product quality and minimum process abnormality
• Functions as the on-shift link that assures expeditious containment and communication of quality and abnormality information to teams throughout the plant. In conjunction with the teams, actions are put in place to : o Immediately address and eliminate the generation of abnormality or issues resulting in reduced product quality. o Identify “root cause” of conditions contributing to quality and abnormality issues and propose corrective actions to eliminate recurrence through personal observations and recommendations to the appropriate technology and production resources.
• Works from drawings, specifications, written procedures and verbal instructions. Is also required to use operational and working knowledge to respond to process problems, make recommendations, and initiate modifications to process and product.
• Supports a team environment by attending, participating in, and leading pass down meetings. Trains and assists associates as required while acting in a manner that enhances team performance.
• Leads abnormality and quality communication in daily abnormality reviews.
• Interfaces with Shift Leaders and Business Center support staff on a continuous basis for matters concerning material performance and acceptability. • Monitors, anticipates, analyzes and trends plant process problems to determine cause and effect relationships and makes recommendations to eliminate abnormality and improve product uniformity. This entails inspecting and auditing process and product performance, gathering and recording data, promptly responding and communicating issues.
• Performs equipment set-up and process audits as required. This requires knowledge of all equipment operating criteria and specifications.
• Provides defective troubleshooting support through knowledge of equipment, process, tire design, product specifications, statistical tools and analytical techniques.
• Analyzes, alerts, and follows-up on defective or unacceptable material. This may include ensuring tire holds are issued, initiating corrective measures and providing/acquiring material dispositions. • Uses available analysis tools to determine root cause of defective issues (cured cut tire analysis, X-ray, Profilometers, etc.) • Documents and performs product or process trials to improve performance
• Issues both oral and written reports detailing activities, problems, problem analysis and problem solutions
• Participates in planning and development of defect prevention methods and process improvements through knowledge of internal procedures and work instructions, customer requirements and product specifications.
• Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
• Follow established company and department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
• Perform all other duties of equal or less complexity as assigned or directed
• Engage and retain high-performance standards and elevate level of responsibility and performance
Skills/Qualifications Managerial Skills:
• Able to lead/manage multiple projects and ensure timely completion of desired results.
• Able to focus work on the plant’s goals and objectives.
• Understands and utilizes cause and effect analysis using applicable data. Formulates decisions and plans of action based on quantifiable data and experience in the field.
• Initiates programs and projects to meet desired end states.
• Develops and maintains effective communication, both oral and written, with internal departments.
• Ensure open and continuous lines of communication are established to assist in information sharing and decision-making.
• Able to resolve conflict, influence others, negotiate solutions, conduct group meetings and effectively communicate ideas, plans and thought processes
• Focuses on plant/corporate goals. Leads others by setting a strong personal example. Takes leadership roles and accepts responsibility for their actions and the actions of their subordinates. Technical Skills:
• Able to effectively use Microsoft Office programs, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient in Lotus notes.
• Able to grasp operator level functions in other computer programs
• Able to interpret technical data, specifications and drawings.
Education and/or Experience
High School Graduate required; 4 year degree in business or engineering desired.
Managerial experience in the tire industry and experience in multiple departments desired.
Incumbent must have the skills to understand technical problems and plant processes. Able to develop solutions to quality and abnormality problems. Strong communication skills are essential to read, prepare, interpret and communicate plant reports and objectives. Computer literacy is a must.