Giti Tire USA
Raw Material Handler
Primarily responsible for retrieving raw material from the Raw Material Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) and issuing (scanning) it to staging areas in mixing, calendaring, and stock preparation. After primary responsibilities are completed, they will support the daily inbound and outbound flow; verifying documentation against incoming and outgoing shipments validates counts; verifying item descriptions and documents discrepancies. To perform this job successful, an individual shall maintain high level of accuracy in preparing paperwork for data input. He/she shall need to ensure the assigned task is processed efficiently and the inventory is distributed to their designated inventory locations accordingly. The candidate shall also be required to maintain location control and perform daily counts for the cycle count process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Pull stock from Raw Material Warehouse and fill minimum-maximum lanes on 2nd floor and 3rd floor
2. Scan materials out of RM ASRS and/or storage areas & scan into staging areas and/or work centers
3. Make sure staging areas have 12 hours of stock at the end of the shift
4. Scan and move scrap to scrap yard and scan into location at the yard
5. Consolidate and move returnable dunnage to storage areas for return to suppliers
6. Assist receiving material handlers when needed
7. Processes incoming and outgoing shipments ensuring accuracy and timely receipt of material.
8. Identifies and prioritizes shipping and receiving requirements to effectively meet order fulfillment and shipping schedules.
9. Provides accurate documentation with confirmed counts and product verification for inventory posting.
10. Maintains and reports discrepancies found during receiving or order picking such as item counts, and description, or physical conditions of the item.
11. Performs Material Handling activities according to established company policies.
12. Supports daily activities for inbound/outbound shipments
13. Assists in verifying and maintaining records for incoming and outgoing shipments.
14. Distributes posted inventory to their respective locations assigned by a Warehouse Management System.
15. Accurately processes Will-Call orders.
16. Maintains location control by reviewing location availability, capacity, and storage conditions.
17. Assists in the Cycle Count process by performing daily counts.
18. Local delivery as assigned by immediate supervisor whenever necessary.
19. Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the GITI management team.
20. Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
21. Train new or less experienced receiving team members
22. Report all safety or mechanical problems with equipment to management
Skills / Qualifications
· Oral/Written Communication Skills
· Excellent decision–making in fast paced environment
· Interpersonal Relations; able to communicate effectively
· Detail Oriented
· Strong organization and time management skills; able to prioritize workload
· Math Aptitude
· Computer Literacy including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
Education / Training
This position requires a high school diploma or GED Certificate.
1-2 years experience in shipping & receiving environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse Management System and/or RF/RFID a plus.
Valid state issued Driver’s License is a must. Forklift Driver Certification on Reach Truck, Sit Down Truck, Order Picker and/or Carton Clamps is highly preferred.
1. Ability to stand/walk for extended period on concrete floor
2. Push and Pull up to 300 lbs
3. Lifting up to 50 pounds without limitation