Giti Tire USA
Production Team Lead – Tire Prep
Production Team Lead The Production Team Leader manages day-to-day activities that include overseeing quality, production schedules, and resource management. Will take the initiative to increase production stats while reducing our total cost outlay. Manufactures products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow. Should be a creative thinker who doesn’t mind sharing his or her ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business.
• Safety policies and procedures are established and part of team objectives/daily standard work, unsafe conditions and acts are documented and corrective action in place
• Team product(s)/sub-product(s) adhere to established quality standards; in-process quality audits complete with corrective action in place as needed • Production plan adherence thru scheduling/assigning team members, work results accomplished, priorities established, progress monitor, and issues/problems resolved
• High performing team members developed, coached, engaged, retained, and empowered
• Equipment operates at established productivity levels; coordination with maintenance team members to ensure uptime metrics, evaluates new equipment and techniques
• Key performance indicators used; Visual management; 5S; manufacturing/production records maintained; shift handoff effective
• Qualifications • High school diploma or GED
• 2-4 years of technical related degree
• Previous supervisory experience is a must
• Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields
• Familiarity with schematics and technical drawings
• Familiarity with manufacturing machinery, equipment and small tools
• Ability to handle physical workload
• Must possess basic computer skills, data entry skills, and the ability to operate and load simple computer programs to run the equipment.
• Ability to operate with speed and accuracy and maintain a team player attitude.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, business, technical, analytical, and planning skills
• Display leadership competencies, including the ability to delegate, engage, and inspire others Able to coach and train line production workers to optimize production.
• Experience operating conventional machines and working in a production-oriented and results driven environment preferred.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced work environment. Work Environment Throughout any 12-hour shift, employee must be able to do the following:
• Stand/walk/move about specific work area
• Lift to 50+ lbs. on a frequent basis
• Lift over 75 lbs. on an infrequent basis
• Work and operate a computer terminal
• Work in confined spaces
• Work any shift as required including overtime as needed
• Tolerate a smoke free environment on company grounds Shifts: 12-hour rotation: 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.