Giti Tire USA
Who We Are
Headquartered in Singapore, Giti Tire is a global tire company, fully integrated across R&D, manufacturing, and distribution serving consumers in over 130 countries around the world. The Giti Tire Manufacturing (USA), Ltd. is proud to be the first North American plant and will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets.
We are hiring Production Associates to join our team! You will operate machinery and equipment, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. You will be responsible for preparation, set-up, start and running manufacturing equipment. Accountabilities also include ensuring that jobs meet quality specifications, manufacturing standards and that safety procedures are followed while working to continuously improve quality and productivity of manufacturing operations.
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair any mechanical failures
- Complete work orders and requests in a timely fashion
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Meet quality specifications, manufacturing standards
- Continuous improvement of quality and productivity of manufacturing operations
- Basic skills to setup, load, and unload material from manual and automated equipment with little supervision.
- Previous manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Must possess basic computer skills, data entry skills, and the ability to operate and load simple computer programs to run the equipment.
- Ability to operate with speed and accuracy and maintain a team player attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic, energetic and fast paced work environment.
Throughout any shift, employee must be able to do the following:
- Stand/walk/move about specific work area
- Lift to 50+ lbs. on a frequent basis
- Work and operate a computer terminal
- Work in confined spaces
- Work any shift as required including overtime as needed
- Tolerate a smoke free environment on company grounds
Shifts: 2nd (3pm-11pm) and 3rd (11pm-7am)
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
GiTi Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law