Giti Tire USA
Junior MES Engineer
The junior MES Engineer is a key member of the Professional Services team. In this role, they will assist in requirements gathering technical proposals, design and development of complex MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) projects. They will learn and act under the guidance of an experienced MES Engineer, assisting with PLC & HMI configuration, machine data collection, visualization, and backend reporting of manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties & Functions
• Perform high level technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements
• Assist with defining MES solution architectures and develops detailed design specifications for tire production
• Help define functional requirements through known industry standards, documentation analysis and Work Flow Process Mapping (Value Stream Maps)
• Actively participate on a technical project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained
• Proactively engage with customers to define the overall technical approach for MES solutions
• Proactively report on project progress against schedule
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions
• Troubleshoot data and network communication issues with machine PLCs and HMIs Skills/Qualifications
• Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, historian applications, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems
• Working knowledge of AB PLCs and HMIs a big plus
• Experience with SQL programming and databases
• Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# programming a plus
This position is not expected to have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors Electrical Engineering (Preferred) / Comp Science or minimum 2 years industry engineering experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be noisy in certain departments.