Giti Tire USA
HR Data Specialist
Who We Are
Headquartered in Singapore, Giti Tire is a global tire company, fully integrated across R&D, manufacturing, and distribution serving consumers in over 130 countries around the world. The Giti Tire Manufacturing (USA), Ltd. is proud to be the first North American plant and will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets.
Job Summary – HR/Payroll Specialist, Richburg SC
This position is part of the company’s HR shared service team and is responsible for processing payroll, providing HR data support, performing all HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. The position requires strong understanding of HR and payroll processes and data to assure accurate processing of HR, payroll, benefits deductions in timely manner. To perform this job successfully, the individual shall be well organized, detail oriented and capable of maintaining a high level of confidentiality. He/she shall have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within an office setting environment; demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior to handle all major HR related duties. This position relies on experience to perform the functions of the job under general supervision.
- Maintain updated employee data, HRIS records and compile reports from the database
- Administer HR / payroll and compensation / time off and attendance for all employees
- Coordinate with department heads in verifying employees’ worked hours, overtime, paid time off, etc.; ensure employees and department heads follow the approval process
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Resolve HR data/reports/system issues via hands on problem resolution, work with payroll vendor support; continuously seek ways to improve existing processes and programs using technology
- Assist in managing data internally; track any changes in personnel and payroll data in compliance with the state tax credit requirement credits
- Support in HR, new hire on-board/orientation, exit interview processes as needed
- Utilize existing HR system and in-house technology and analytical tools to develop, analyze, and communicate people and other cross-functional metrics
- Analyze daily activities associated with various HR processes and programs and support in improvement of processes
- Support in implementation of HR payroll systems and processes; work with vendors for implementation, troubleshooting and evaluation of any HR solutions when necessary
- Support in research and evaluate HR systems, compare services as needed
- Maintain HR intranet, HR documentation library for department
- Prepare/generate periodic data reports in accurate and timely manner
- Participate in development of HR policies, coordination, and implementation processes
- Assist in special HR projects as assigned
- Perform all other departmental duties as assigned
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two to four year(s) progressive experience in HR/personnel position utilizing HRIS, handling payroll, reporting.
- Able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration and understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations.
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
Giti Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law