Giti Tire USA
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
Environmental, Health, & Safety Engineer
• Develop & implement programs that comply with federal, state and local safety & environmental regulations.
• Investigate all safety & occupational health related injuries/accidents.
• Implement all corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of injuries & incidents.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations & understand how they impact business.
• Interact with agency contacts & lead on-site visit or inspections from EHS regulatory personnel.
• Assist with the management storage, recycle, reuse & disposal of residual, universal and hazardous wastes.
• Assist with the performance of Industrial Hygiene monitoring of manufacturing areas, interpret the results & implement changes as required.
• Maintain records in accordance to appropriate standards and regulations.
• Conduct regular site inspections.
• Perform EHS audits and implement audit countermeasures.
• Create and maintain reports of OSHA and EPA activities for compliance and continuous improvement.
• Train and educate employees on EHS practices.
• Implement industry best practices and provide assistance to Department Managers to reduce eliminate hazards.
• Work with management to manage worker’s compensation and return to work programs.
• Assist in the development of pollution prevention and waste control programs.
• Evaluate new process and laboratory equipment safety.
• Successful candidate will be thoroughly knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations, including associated by reference standards. (ANSI, NFPA, ASME, etc)
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in Safety Science or related technical degree.
• Worked in the safety role a minimum of 5 years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Possess a working knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45000 or OHSAS 18000.