Giti Tire USA
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS _ HR GENERALIST
Job Summary – Employee Relations – Human Resource Generalist, Richburg SC
The HR Generalist – Manufacturing Support is responsible for providing advice, counsel and support for assigned Business Center(s) team members and managers regarding employee performance, attendance and behavioral issues, interpretation and application of company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as monitoring and overseeing adherence to HR, State, Federal and Corporate compliance rules and regulations. This is a “hands on” role that will be a member of the assigned Business Center leadership team(s) with primary focus on supporting production floor employee relations.
· Execute talent initiatives that improve overall business performance for your assigned business function
· Partner with functions to deliver initiatives such as performance reviews, pay planning, succession planning, employee experience survey action planning, benefits enrollment, change management, etc.
· Provide tactical support to frontline managers
· Provide counsel to management regarding company programs, processes and policies
· Partner with managers on performance concerns; provide coaching and assist with documentation where necessary
· Partner with managers to assess talent and create development plans
· Serve as point of contact for employee questions and complaints related to policy, performance management, etc.
· Conduct investigations related to employee relations concerns
· Assist with recruiting/staffing projects where necessary
· Conduct employee exit interviews and track root cause for voluntary separations; use data to create retention plans for designated business units
· Work with broader HR team to develop/deliver and coordinate training on site initiatives as well as developing plan for Business Center focused needs
· Ability to act in a support role using influential leadership skills to mentor and coach members of Business Center team
· Recognized as keeper of confidential information regarding employee relations, workplace investigations, and performance management actions which requires extreme discretion always
· Skilled at defining and analyzing problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in workplace investigations
· Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, coaching and presentation delivery
· Ability to build effective relationships with business team members
· Ability to work with all levels of the organization in the areas of expertise, while exercising good judgment when dealing with issues outside the areas of expertise
· Highly organized, results-driven, and can multi-task. Possesses effective project management skills\Collaborative Partnership Development
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, Psychology, or related field. Five (5) years or more hands on HR Generalist experience
· Proven experience managing multiple priorities (investigations, recruitment activities and projects) in manufacturing facility
· Thorough knowledge of conducting workplace investigations and behavioral interviewing techniques
· Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and HRIS/recruiting or Applicant Tracking/Performance Management Systems.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Professional certification as a PHR or SPHR preferred or knowledge, of employment law and Human Resources best practices obtained through experience
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
Giti Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law