Giti Tire USA
Job Summary– Instrumentation I & E Technician – Richburg, SC
Instrumentation I & E Technician should have the experience and the ability to calibrate a wide variety of electronic, test, diagnostics and general-purpose instruments ranging from Digital Micrometers, Calipers, IR guns, signal generators, Pressure/Torque/Vacuum/ and Flow. In addition, the technician must have the ability to calibrate measurement instruments ranging from Pressure Gages, Torque Wrenches, Force Gages, and Liquid Flow Meters.
***Only candidates with instrumental calibration experience need to apply****
Essential Duties & Functions
- Have good communication and verbal skills
- Good vision, math skills
- Sharp eye-hand coordination
- Analyze and interpret data to complete calibration procedures.
- Knowledge of electricity and circuitry.
- Calibration adhering to corporate quality standards encompassing core disciplines.
- Perform clerical work associated with calibration activities including certificates of calibration.
- Must provide the original data worksheet for tracking.
- Perform quality inspection of calibrated equipment.
- Keep in good order all tools and equipment, practice good housekeeping.
- Maintain a safety and customer service mindset always.
- A strong understanding of a wide variety of precision measurement equipment, to include the care and use of Instrumentation, Gages, and Precision Measurement Equipment for Metrology and calibration program management.
- Sharp eye-hand coordination
- Demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.
- Analyze and interpret data to complete calibration procedures
- Knowledge of electricity and circuitry
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- ASQ Calibration Technician Certification is a must have.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline preferred; Instrumentation, Industrial, Mechanical, or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be noisy.
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
GiTi Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.