Founders Federal Credit Union
Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for proactively soliciting and originating new residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and production goals.
1) Must be eligible for registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator in compliance with the SAFE Act.
2) Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, discuss with borrowers product/pricing guidelines, and gather any additional required information
3) Manage appointments with borrowers for mortgage loan requests as well as online and telephone mortgage loan requests.
4) Prepare mortgage loan applications including required supporting documentation for submission to underwriting.
5) Ensure exceptional member experience by providing on-going communication to applicants as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
6) Must have strict adherence to all state and federal statutes and regulations relating to Credit Unions, National Credit Union Association Rules and Regulations, FFCU Loan Policy and Procedures, and all other Regulations related to lending.
7) Work closely with the mortgage processors to ensure follow up and prompt member service.
8) Establish and maintain relationships with branch personnel, realtors, builders and developers as a lending source for their referrals.
9) Must have a working knowledge of all lending products and services provided by Founders Federal and a strong commitment to cross selling those products and services.
10) Must maintain integrity with all member sensitive data.
11) Ensure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA.
12) All other duties as assigned.
- Five years of mortgage experience in a financial institution is required.
- A self starter with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A Bachelors Degree in a related field is desirable.
- Mortgage underwriting experience is preferred.
Candidate must be available Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-6pm.
The Mortgage Loan Officer, an hourly paid position, will additionally have an opportunity to earn a monthly incentive based on performance goals. We proudly offer competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
•10 Paid Holidays Annually
•Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
•Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
•Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
•Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
•Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
•Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
•Long Term Care Plan
•Long-Term Disability Insurance
•Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
•Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
•Fit Founders Wellness Program