Founders Federal Credit Union
Loss Control Recovery Specialist
Relax…. Join Our Team!
This position is located at our new back office operations center on Anderson Road in Rock Hill, SC.
Job Summary: The Loss Control Recovery Specialist will gain member contact and/or location information on delinquent loan accounts, locate collateral, negotiate repayment to bring accounts current, initiate appropriate action, and maintain accurate records. Monitor pay by phone payments on delinquent loans.
Job Specifications: The Loss Control Recovery Specialist must have a high school education and be self-motivated. Must also possess good oral and written communication skills to quickly build rapport and deal effectively with members. A good working knowledge of Microsoft applications including, Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Previous collection experience is desired.
1. Initiate repossession assignment packets.
2. Document and request updates from Repossession agents.
3. Perform detailed searches on delinquent accounts to gain contact and/or location information.
4. Prepare correspondence on delinquent accounts; initiate phone contact with members and cosigners based on collection queue/production goals.
5. Utilize external internet web-based skip-trace sites for data mining, County public records, Criminal public records, phone directories, and credit bureau’s for potential member and/or collateral location.
6. Work directly with the Repossession Coordinator to recover collateral.
7. Work directly with Loss Control Specialists utilizing the credit union collection software to locate and monitor skip accounts.
8. Initiate charge-off recommendations to management following established business practices.
9. Utilize internet search engines, credit union collection policies and procedures, state and federal laws governing collection practices, and NCUA rules and regulations in daily collection/location efforts.
10. Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality
11. Maintain acceptable call quality as determined by Management.
12. All other duties as assigned.
The Loss Control Recovery Specialist will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Vacation
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program