Founders Federal Credit Union
Relax… Join Our Team!
This position is located at our new back office operations center on Anderson Road in Rock Hill, SC.
JOB SUMMARY: The Fraud Specialist is responsible for ensuring cards reported lost to our processor are closed on the core system. This individual will work closely with Card Services and the branches to submit fraud disputes in a timely manner, ensuring applicable regulations are followed. This position will require monitoring and reporting of fraud charge offs, as well as ensuring general ledger provisional credits are balanced each month. The Fraud Specialist will assist with implementation and use of new tools and criteria to proactively prevent card related losses. This individual will also assist in researching, investigating, processing and tracking fraudulent/returned items which may pertain to fraud within the Share Recovery Department, ATM and mobile deposits.
Candidate must be available Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 6pm.
- Provide quality assistance to our branches by assisting with properly completing and archiving the Fraud Cardholder Dispute form.
- Assist branches with specific questioning of members to gather information needed to make informed decisions on fraud disputes.
- Assist in researching, documenting, and processing fraudulent/unauthorized transactions.
- Coordinate with branches to obtain necessary documentation to proceed with legal action.
- Assist in the filing of reports with appropriate law enforcement authorities as needed.
- If fraud is suspected, assist with investigation of all details involving fraudulent transactions.
- Ensure that our core is properly updated when members call our processor to report cards lost/stolen or fraud.
- Issuing of provisional credits when required by Reg E with the result of internal investigations.
- Perform basic general ledger functions related to provisional credits.
- Responsible for ensuring outstanding items in suspense to general ledger are still within Reg E timeframes.
- Assist with researching debit card charges coming in on cards closed for lost/stolen or fraud.
- Prepare reports as necessary to provide management with accurate records of potential fraudulent losses.
- Keep current on Visa processor rules and procedures regarding fraud compliance.
- Work to develop specific strategies to mitigate fraud on known compromises.
- Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two to five years of similar fraud related experience.
- Working knowledge of Reg E and BSA
- Attention to detail and ability to keep up with regulatory guidelines and timeframes.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of check processing systems within financial institutions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-starter who thinks outside the box and takes initiative.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to communicate with Founders’ staff, members, law enforcement and outside entities.
- A high school diploma
As the Fraud Specialist, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Vacation
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program