Founders Federal Credit Union
Fraud & Bankruptcy Support Specialist
The Fraud & Bankruptcy Support Specialist will be responsible to providing a supporting role to both the Fraud and Bankruptcy Department on a daily basis. This individual will be responsible for closing plastic cards on our core as they are reported to the credit union or our card processor as lost or stolen. This individual will work closely with Card Services and the branches to submit fraud disputes in a timely manner, ensuring applicable regulations are followed. In addition, this employee will work closely with the Bankruptcy Coordinator to support the bankruptcy department needs on a daily basis. This position will require the employee be flexible with changing daily tasks, and multiple support roles within Recovery Services.
· Provide quality assistance to our branches by assisting with properly completing and archiving the Fraud Cardholder Dispute forms.
· Assist branches with specific questioning of members to gather information needed to make informed decisions on fraud disputes.
· Assist in researching, documenting, and processing fraudulent/unauthorized transactions.
· Coordinate with branches to obtain necessary documentation to proceed with legal action.
· Assist in the filing of reports with appropriate law enforcement authorities as needed.
· If fraud is suspected, assist with investigation of all details involving fraudulent transactions.
· Ensure that our core is properly updated when members call our processor to report cards lost/stolen or fraud.
· Issuing of provisional credits when required by Reg E with the result of internal investigations.
· Perform basic general ledger functions related to provisional credits.
· Responsible for ensuring outstanding items in suspense to general ledger are still within Reg E time-frames.
· Assist with researching debit card charges coming in on cards closed for lost/stolen or fraud.
· Prepare reports as necessary to provide management with accurate records of potential fraudulent losses.
· Keep current on Visa processor rules and procedures regarding fraud compliance.
· Work to develop specific strategies to mitigate fraud on known compromises.
· Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to BSA.
- Assist with inputting delinquent bankruptcy accounts in the Temenos software.
- Assist with flagging accounts within the core system to accurately identify bankruptcy members.
- Assist with bankruptcy file preparation for transitioning files to attorneys.
- Assist BK Coordinator with monthly reporting for management.
- Assist with monitoring accounts to determine if payment has been received as promised and follow-up, if necessary with debtor’s attorneys or trustees’.
- Assist Loss Control staff with recovery credit union collateral through bankruptcy courts.
- Stay current on all state and federal laws governing collection practices, bankruptcy law, and NCUA rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma is required along with two to five years of similar fraud or collection related experience.
- Working knowledge of Reg E and BSA
- Attention to detail and ability to keep up with regulatory guidelines and time-frames.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-starter who thinks outside the box and takes initiative.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to communicate with Founders’ staff, members, attorneys, law enforcement, and outside entities.
Benefits provided include the following:
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation
· Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
· Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
· Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
· Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
· Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
· Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
· Long Term Care Plan
· Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
· Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
· Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.