Founders Federal Credit Union
Financial Services Representative
Relax…Join our Team!
The Financial Services Representative is responsible for counseling and cross selling members on all services offered by Founders and is responsible for making decisions on loans as specified in the Loan Originator section of Loan Policy.
1. Understand and explain the new eligibility requirements for membership. Open new accounts (Savings, checking, money management, etc.), account maintenance, ordering checks and assisting members with any problems they may incur with our services.
2. Understand and recognize our products and services and be comfortable cross selling to the member (Call 24, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, eStatements, Visa Debit/Credit Cards, ATM cards, etc.).
3. Responsible for establishing share certificates and IRA’s, including counseling the members on the features and benefits, processing account maintenance as required, and staying abreast of all regulations relating to these accounts.
4. Maintain an individual cash box and comply with all regulatory and procedural guidelines associated with performing necessary transactions.
5. Responsible for overall plastic card maintenance in branch (includes processing applications, issuing cards, blocking cards, changing PINN #’s, assisting with problems, etc.)
6. Interview applicants, read and understand credit reports and cross sell Founders loan products. Must offer additional products such as GAP, extended warranties, payment protection, etc. Refer members to Founders Investment and Insurance Service agents.
7. Approve loans to members within Matrix Lending authority guidelines. Seek further approval for loan requests exceeding set limits.
8. Must have complete knowledge of Founders’ Loan Policy, loan programs, and procedures.
9. Provide assistance with the collection of delinquent accounts.
10. Verify that all loans are properly secured with necessary collateral, assess values for collateral, and that proper insurance coverage is obtained.
11. Must be able to work in various offices, as needed.
12. Assist in Loan Department and Member Service area, as needed.
13. Must have knowledge of State Statutes and Regulations relating to Credit Unions, National Credit Union Administration Rules and Regulations and Consumer Regulations. Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA. Required to register as a Mortgage Loan Originator in compliance with the SAFE Act.
14. Always Think Member and look for opportunities to serve the membership in the best interest of the member and the credit union.
15. All other duties as assigned.
Individual must have at least two years of financial institution experience working with complex issues. A minimum of a 2-year degree is preferred. The Financial Services Representative must possess well developed interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of computer system is also required.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Candidate must be available Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-6pm