Founders Federal Credit Union
Bilingual Loss Control Specialist
Relax…. Join Our Team!
This position is located at our new back office operations center on Anderson Road in Rock Hill, SC.
Job Summary: The Bilingual Loss Control Specialist will gain member contact on delinquent loan accounts, negotiate repayment to bring accounts current, initiate appropriate action, and maintain accurate records. Must be fluent in both English & Spanish.
Job Specifications: The Loss Control Specialist must have a high school education and be self-motivated. Good oral and written communication skills are necessary to deal effectively with members. Previous collection experience is desired.
- Review status of delinquent accounts and initiate collection actions.
- Prepare correspondence on delinquent accounts; phone contact with members and cosigners based on collection queue/production goals.
- Utilized credit union collection software to monitor accounts to determine if payment has been received as promised and follow-up, if necessary.
- Skip-trace accounts according to established credit union policies and procedures.
- Initiate repossession recommendations to management following established business practices.
- Initiate foreclosure recommendations to management following established business practices.
- Initiate charge-off recommendations to management following established business practices.
- Must have good working knowledge of credit union collection policies and procedures, state and federal laws governing collection practices, and NCUA rules and regulations.
- Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA, and the FDCPA business module.
- Maintain acceptable call quality as determined by the Management staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
*Monday-off, Tuesday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
End of Month: *Monday-off, Tuesday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Wednesday – Friday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
*There is flexibility for your day off to vary each week depending on the availability of the department & demands of the business.
The Loss Control Specialist, an hourly paid position, will additionally have an opportunity to earn a monthly incentive based on performance goals. We proudly offer competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Vacation
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications – Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program