Leroy Springs, Inc
JR Adventure Seekers Camp Counselor I (ages 3-4/5-6)
JR ADVENTURE SEEKERS – Tiny Timbers (ages 3-4) and Little Critters (ages 5-6)
Our youngest adventurers will get to choose between several themed weeks as they learn to love the great outdoors. Camp meets at the Nature Center at the Lake Haigler entrance. Each day will be filled with crafts, activities, and plenty of adventure along the way. Morning and afternoon sessions on eligible weeks. Some will pack a lunch and stay the day!
Camp Training Sessions: June 7 – June 11
Camp Dates and Hours:
Morning Sessions: 9am – 12:30pm (8 weeks: June 14 through August 6)
Afternoon Sessions: 1pm – 4:30pm (4 weeks only: Weeks of June 14, June 28, July 12 and July 26)
Guides and counsels girls and boys in camp activities, teaches the campers new skills, and helps carry out camp goals. Responsible for teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth as directed by the Camp Director. Average hours per week 20-25. Seasonal position from June to August; reports to the Camp Director.
• Assist in the instruction, supervision, and organization of campers
• Apply age appropriate and readiness principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, and respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth
• Deliver programming based on camp program goals, policies, and procedures to provide a quality outdoor education/camp experience for the campers
• Carry out activities to encourage personal growth, learn skills, and provide challenges
• Maintain high standards of safety and security to prevent accidents and to respond appropriately in emergency situations
• Maintain, use, and store equipment properly, report repairs
• Maintain order and cleanliness in general camp areas
• All other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior
• Set a good example to campers and others
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities
• Promote good sportsmanship
• Ability to interact with all age levels
• Certified or ability to become certified in First Aid/CPR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be 18 years of age or must have successfully completed the ASC Greenway Leadership in Training Program (under age 18)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Able to attend week of camp training
• Able to work majority of the summer. All camp staff get one consecutive week off during summer.
Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications
Child Abuse prevention training; will train
Some physical requirements of a Camp Counselor include: endurance, prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, biking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 25lbs; daily exposure to inconsistent weather conditions such as sun, heat, or rain and animals such as bugs and snakes, etc.