Leroy Springs, Inc
Under supervision of the Executive Chef, the Line Cook is responsible for setting up specific food prep stations in the kitchen and participates in preparation of food to serve to customers while ensuring compliance with established policies, procedures and standards of quality and safety.
• Prepare ingredients for service, including but not limited to chopping, portioning, mixing, etc.
• Set up and stock stations with all supplies
• Clean up station and label items for proper storage
• Work quickly and efficiently to ensure timely and efficient delivery to each table
• Stock/re-stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with health and sanitation regulations
• Assist management in training new staff members within their department when applicable
• Communicate to store management all job functions needs
• Perform other duties as requested by management
• Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and standards set by the Company
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and physically demanding environment
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
• Must be able to carry loads greater than 25 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
• Work schedule varies and will include working on days, nights, holidays, and weekends and requires standing and/or walking for extended periods
• Can withstand working with wet floors and high temperatures
• Frequently wash hands and/or wear gloves
• Previous high volume culinary experience, multiple stations a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• ServSafe Food Handler Certification; will train
• ServSafe Alcohol Certification: will train
• Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training; will train
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
No supervisory responsibilities
Must be physically able to operate a variety of kitchen appliances, equipment and utensils, etc. Must be able to exert up to 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work; must be able to remain on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, push, pull, and lift/carry weights of up to 50 pounds.