Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees assigned to their shift. One of their key responsibilities is leading a group of employees by assisting with trainings, fostering positive relationships and being prepared to answer questions. This includes managing the shift and all direct staff. This position ensures the smooth running of the production. The Production Supervisor also ensures that all products are produced to the specified parameters, ensures targets and deadlines are achieved and that employees comply with the company’s health and safety procedures
- Responsible for management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- Responsibility for the quality and product that is produced within the shift in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff
- Monitor, measure, and report on production-related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters.
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- To work closely with other Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift
- To have an active role in the company’s continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company’s organizational structure
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Skills Requirement
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma; Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage Proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Demonstrated Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Basic skills in MS Office
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.