Under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Machine Operator performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work methods and practices. The Machine Operator also ensures that all products are produced to the specified parameters, ensures targets and deadlines are achieved and complies with the company’s health and safety procedures.
- Performs work as assigned by department supervisor.
- Assembles the materials to produce finished product from raw materials.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Understand and operate the controls of the pressing machine.
- Be familiar with all Footprint products and part numbers being produced.
- Perform accurate visual inspections are required on all product produced.
- Effectively communicate with the QCS throughout the shift.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Track production on schedule boards.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Skills Requirement
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma;
- Demonstrated Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items of 10 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.