Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.
Please note this position is for 2nd or 3rd shift roles.
The Production lead is the team leader and supervisor of a production group. The Production lead is able to operate all equipment in the assigned department. Monitor and ensure the departments overall production to adhere to quality, safety and efficiency standards, as well as compliance with good manufacturing practices. Trains packers or machine operators as required. Trouble shoots operation problems and provides back-up as needed.
- Anticipate material requirements from schedule generated by supervisor and order stock from “material movers” to meet production demands and avoid line stoppage.
- Perform start-up and lock-down walk-through, daily.
- Assist in preparing lines for change-over.
- Assist in line work as necessary.
- Assist in preparing rejects for approval.
- Procure production supplies from supervisor as needed.
- Complete daily production reports and other necessary paperwork.
- Assist with monthly physical inventories.
- Educate department personnel on proper use of equipment, safety requirements, and product quality standards.
- Coordinate work activities to produce quality finished goods within current manufacturing standards.
- Ensure that materials and labor are utilized effectively and efficiently to achieve optimal production.
- May serve as back-up for supervisor in his/her absence.
- Maintain a safe, neat and organized production area.
- Perform duties safely. Wear personal protective equipment. Immediately report observed safety hazards to supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience-
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience including 1year as supervisor or lead.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to read, write and speak in English. Strong math aptitude.
- Able to set up, operate and maintain equipment.
- Computer literate with an understanding of QAD helpful.
- Knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Customer focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Able to reach, bend, lift (up to 50 lbs.), twist, squat, push and pull.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.