Operate one or more pieces of machinery on the production line. Perform operations efficiently, effectively and safely with minimal supervision. Able to learn new skills and be crossed trained across various roles on the production line. Monitor production to assure quality standards are met. May be required to train new operators.
|1. Perform set-up duties and make minor equipment adjustments as agreed upon with Maintenance.
2. Immediately stops malfunctioning equipment and notifies supervisor or mechanic that repairs or adjustments are necessary.
3. Report to supervisor any situation where the operation deviates from acceptable quality, production or safety standards.
4. Monitor raw material usage and report excessive loss to the supervisor.
5. Document daily production, as required.
6. May train new operators.
7. Maintain a clean and orderly work area and keep equipment cleaned at all times.
8. Perform all duties safely and wear personal protective equipment as required.
9. Observe all safety rules and immediately report all hazards to the department supervisor.
10. Be punctual and at work daily.
11. Follow all company rules and regulations, per the Employee Handbook or department policy.
12. Perform other duties as required
- Ability to speak, read and write in English highly desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education highly desired.
- Manufacturing and/or machine operator experience strongly preferred.
- Able to work overtime on short notice, as needed.
- Able to perform tasks in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to reach, bend, lift (up to 50 lbs.), twist, squat, push and pull.
- Mechanical aptitude enough to troubleshoot equipment as needed.
- Able to satisfy the physical, visual and auditory requirements listed elsewhere in this job description.
- Ability to punctually report to work as scheduled.
- Able to perform tasks safely while wearing required personal protective equipment.