Responsible for flawless execution of preparing/cooking high quality menu items in the kitchen. Preparing and portioning foods according to our recipes and portion guides, plating cooked items, and using food safety practices at all times. Assist teammates in all areas of the kitchen with duties and treats all coworkers with dignity and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, and vegetables used for preparation.
• Ensures food safety standards are met, i.e., proper food temperatures, proper food handling, hand washing, etc. abiding by local, state and federal regulations.
• Maintains a safe, clean, sanitary workstation environment.
• Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, fry, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish, maintain holding temperature, grill, or otherwise produce food in the kitchen. Will wear cut resistant glove when using a knife.
• Receives and expedites guest orders, for eat in or to go, ensuring the best quality, freshest possible food is served.
• May assist in unloading and stocking product deliveries.
• May be responsible for maintaining and cleaning varying pieces of equipment, floors, storage areas, walls, utensils, etc.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
• 1+ years of experience working in preparing/cooking menu items in a restaurant kitchen.
• High school degree preferred, but not required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to bend and stoop frequently.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to five hours in length.
• Must have the ability to lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
• Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to management and other associates.
• Must wear slip resistant shoes at all time while working.
Fatz is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.