Catering Sales Specialist
The primary role of the Catering & Events Specialist is to drive sales, guest counts, traffic and community involvement at a restaurant level promoting our approved Catering and Event programs. Catering and event sales are built by seeking new guests, providing a perfect and memorable experience to existing guests and by promoting and building the Fatz brand within the local community. By building relationships with local businesses, civic organizations and other community events, Fatz should be positioned as the first choice for catering, groups and outside vending opportunities in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates and executes plans to generate new catering guests.
• Involved with local community activities and participates in local events.
• Attends local networking and chamber events on behalf of Fatz to generate new guests.
• Attends monthly catering & events conference calls and reports on results.
• Sends in completed Sales & Events Tracking Database.
• When action plan is provided, follow through on the additional goals and SWOT Analysis. (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, And Threats).
• Sustain knowledge of restaurants trending sales and keep action plan updated.
• Participate once a month in a manager meeting to keep staff updated on current programs, creating the team atmosphere.
• Keep your Sales & Events Manager in the loop of planned events and goings on in the community.
• Manages all paperwork in relationship to bookings such as contracts, results tracking and waivers.
SALES & EVENTS GOALS:
• Catering Sales: +SSS In catering or 10% to 15% of total sales
• Fundraisers: 4 Fundraisers per month (Pancake Breakfasts, Chicken for Charity or Spirit Nights)
• Offsite Sales/Selling Events: One per quarter
• Fieldtrip Program: 10-15 fieldtrips over summer season
• Dedicated scheduled hours/week
o 1 hour researching local daycares, businesses to contact for the week
o 1 hour attending local networking groups
o 2 hours visiting local businesses to surprise and delight and provide catering information
o 2 hours for follow-ups of previous bookings, leads through phone calls and emails
o 1 hour contacting non-profit organizations for fundraiser events and catering opportunities
o 1 hour attending manager meeting
o 2 hours assisting with catering and events execution
• Minimum 3 months of employment with Fatz as a team member or 6-12 months’ similar experience.
• Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of the Fatz brand.
• Candidate must be able to think outside the box and be marketing savvy.
• Candidate must be an enthusiastic supporter of the Fatz brand, evidenced by their ability with an upbeat and outgoing personality.
• Ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
• Candidate must be a model team member and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organization skills needed.
• Flexible and self directed worker with ability to stay focused and meet goals, while working independently.
• Candidate must be able to read, speak, and write in English.
• Must meet all personal appearance standards set by Fatz.
• Goal oriented.
• Understands Microsoft Office Suite.
Fatz is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.