Family Trust Federal Credit Union
IT Helpdesk Technician II
Oversee the prompt delivery of technical support services for the Information Technology Department. This position will establish and foster relationships between all departments and act as the primary liaison between business users and technical staff for all IT Help Desk Technical issues. This will require both knowledge of the software or hardware systems being supported and effective communication skills. Primary focus will be on providing 1st and 2nd tier technical support to our staff, elimination of technical issues whether via product selection, added education, or configurations changes. Troubleshooting issues will follow prescribed methods for proper resolution and include proactive responses and activities and information sharing across and between departments as needed to prevent recurrence.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance. Solve problems and makes decisions daily relative to Help Desk responsibilities. Ensure that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Work within the credit union to promote excellent service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Help to enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with end users, completing services, and overall satisfaction.
- Oversee 100% of Help Desk requests, resolving 1st and 2nd tier items, determine root cause of issues, and communicate appropriately while escalating necessary issues to the correct resources.
- Maintain accurate inventory for all IT hardware and software. Recommend updates as identified.
- Setup, maintain, and manage all user accounts and permissions for all credit union systems.
- Setup, maintain, and manage all credit union desktops and laptops, to include but not limited to all software, antivirus and patch management updates.
- Setup, maintain, and manage all credit union mobile devices.
- Create and maintain operational procedures and documentation covering all help desk and desktop support functions.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- This person should have a working knowledge of computer systems and hardware, printers, personal computers, mobile devices, network (both LANs & WANs), the Internet, and basic software applications.
- Experience managing Windows 10 client operating systems.
- Experience managing Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience managing Microsoft Office 365.
- A 4-year or 2-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is required. However, job proven experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Basic skills and knowledge of electronics is desired.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and ability to work with project teams and manage multiple tasks at once.