Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate current knowledge of applicable State and Federal Laws and Industry Regulations to ensure the policies and procedures of the credit union remain compliant and adhered to in all areas.
- Work with internal audit to implement appropriate systems of internal controls and monitoring programs to ensure that Family Trust is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze new and pending laws which will affect the Credit Union’s current operations, develop and periodically review and update the policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Ensure departments and staff are informed of new or revised policies or regulations affecting their compliance.
- Manage the Credit Union’s vendor management software to include contract review and risk rating analysis. Work with department managers to ensure contracts are submitted and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and deliver assigned reports to the Board of Directors and/or Management in a timely, accurate manner.
- Participate in the review of forms, documents, and records produced by other departments for quality and compliance.
- Regular participation with other departments in group meetings, on an individual basis, and working on special projects.
- Perform reviews of credit union processes to ensure credit union policies and procedures and federal and state guidelines are being followed. Reviews to include operational, financial, lending, internal control, and compliance. Follow up with staff on exceptions and properly submit review documents. Follow-up with management to ensure completeness of responses.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and trends and ensure compliance regarding BSA, AML, and OFAC. Report changes that may impact the credit union to manager.
- Manage BSA, AML, and fraud detection and prevention software. Coordinate and resolve issues with third party vendor related to software.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily responsibilities under the BSA and OFAC programs and AML rules.
- Act as a liaison with NCUA examiners and external audit personnel in the areas of BSA, AML, and OFAC.
- Assist in the development and implementation of BSA, AML, and OFAC training programs for staff and officials. Be available to staff as needed with guidance and assistance in all areas related to BSA, AML, and OFAC.
- Work with law enforcement agencies or other individuals as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
1. Previous experience in a financial institution or similar environment is desired.
2. BSA/AML experience is preferred.
3. Good reading comprehension skills required.
4. Good working knowledge of credit union policies, procedures, federal and state regulations and laws.
5. Effective written and oral communication, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
6. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and be recognized as a team player.