Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Serve effectively as the liaison between branch employees and credit union management by representing employees’ concerns and their best interests to management; and by representing the goals, objectives, philosophies and strategies of management to the employees.
• Ensure that the philosophies, policies, and lending standards, as set forth by the board and management are properly followed by branch staff.
• Establish internal controls to ensure that the policies, procedures, and audit/ control processes related to the teller and vault cash functions are properly followed. This shall include the delegation of authority and establishing appropriate accountability.
• Work effectively with management to develop branch business plans, budgets and business development plans.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions, and similar groups.
• Ensure that the high standards for member service are maintained by leading others and setting an example.
• Work effectively with the SVP of Lending and Regional Manager to delegate lending status to branch staff based on their skills, knowledge and proven experience. Also managing the distribution of loan volume based upon the skills and experience of the lenders.
• Properly staffing and scheduling employees to ensure that member service is adequately provided during peak periods, while maximizing employee efficiency and productivity.
• Develop training and cross-training programs for branch employees to in assist in their development along their desired career path, and to ensure that the branch is able to cover all job duties, including back-up during staff absences or vacation.
• In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, hire, review, schedule, train, direct, and monitor the work of direct reports; allocate resources to meet operational needs within the department.
• Conduct periodic reviews of employees’ job performance.
1. Analytical and decision making skills and proven leadership abilities.
2. Full responsibility for the administration and operations of the branch and all of its employees.
3. Ability to manage and lead others to include training, cross-training, motivating and counseling employees.
4. Thorough knowledge of credit union lending policies.
5. Ability to create budgets, develop strategic business plans and follow through to completion.
6. Maintain privacy of member account information.
7. Participate in continuing education as available.
8. Satisfactorily complete required annual training in Regulation CC, BSA, IT Security and other training related to compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education College degree in a business related field or industry education such as a 3-year Bankers School, 3-year Credit Union Management School, CCUE designation, or similar academic achievements may be acceptable.
Interpersonal Skills The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills Ability to make decisions which are consistent with credit union policy, but without compromising our mission and core values.
Physical Requirements Ability to lift 30 pounds.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.