Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
Technical Service Representative, HealthCare
The incumbent in this position will provide technical support for our healthcare business. Key markets for this technology include medical devices, wound & scar care, orthotics & prosthetics, long term implantable, drug delivery etc. The incumbent will interact with current and potential customers to address market needs, lead internal investigations and external trials, and identify new opportunities for business growth working with our Marketing and Sales team. Additional responsibilities include conducting laboratory experiments, evaluations and analyses, initiating and executing short term development projects, and adhering to company safety practices and policies. The position will provide regular opportunities to interact with other functions of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymers or Material Science required. Related chemical experience with a focus on silicone technology is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of prior work experience working with elastomers, thermoplastics or rubber in the medical device/healthcare markets.
- Must be able to run tests, collect data and communicate research results.
- Molding (injection/transfer/compression) and extrusion equipment experience desirable.
- Creative, positive attitude, with ability to participate and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Awareness of basic Regulatory affairs, related to business applications.
- Available for travel up to 25%.