Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
Technical Service Representative – Custom Compounding
The incumbent in this position will be the first line technical contact for our Silicone Rubber technology, with an emphasis on Custom Compounding (Ready to Use – RTU) applications. Key markets for this technology include Automotive, Wire and Cables, Building Industry, Aerospace etc. The incumbent will interact directly with current and potential customers to address market needs, lead internal investigations and external trials, and identify new formulations for custom compounding and opportunities for business growth. A key aspect of this position is performance of hands-on laboratory experiments, evaluations and analyses and executing of short-term new product development projects, and adhering to company safety practices and policies. The position will provide regular opportunities to interact with other functions of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymers or Material Science required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in silicone rubber technologies
- A previous experience or knowledge of extrusion, molding, calendaring applications is preferred
- Must be able to run tests, collect data and communicate research results.
- Creative, positive attitude, with ability to participate and lead interdisciplinary teams
- Manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Awareness of basic Regulatory affairs, related to business applications.
- Available for travel up to 40%.
- Previous experience or knowledge of Liquid Silicone Rubber and injection molding
- Rubber process characterization methods and tools including Mooney, Plasticity and RPA
- Six-Sigma, SCRUM