Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
The purpose of the Scheduler position is to schedule manufacturing by workshop at all Elkem NA sites and subcontractors in our SAP ERP system. The Scheduler must optimize raw material supply and operational capabilities to meet demand requirements and align their planning with Manufacturing, Customer Service, Quality and Logistics. Schedules must be created in advance to maintain the correct amount of finished goods inventory for customer orders or forecasted demand and ensure On-Time In-Full (OTIF) goals are met. This position must support and participate in all site and company health, safety and environmental endeavors.
Key responsibilities include maintaining 2-4 weeks of SAP work schedules for all manufacturing and down-packing operations. The successful candidate will work with manufacturing supervisors and lead operators to develop realistic and efficient schedules and evaluate open orders to resolve any scheduling, raw material or capacity conflicts. He/she will coordinate the resolution of raw material or packaging shortages with the Buyer; assisting in identifying finished good shortages and manufacturing constraints and resolving available to promise issues with Customer Service, ensuring the schedule meets established finished good levels set to protect timely delivery to the customer. This position also assists with control of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods, rework and off-grade material, coordinating inbound and outbound flows between intra-intercompany facilities, working with the Logistics Supervisor to assure available and correct finished goods ship on time and developing a working relationship with toll manufacturers, subcontractors, warehousing and logistics contractors.
- LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: ENGLISH
- JOB TYPE: SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS
- JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
- JOB CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Preferred experience in scheduling, planning, supply chain or manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of SAP MM and PP modules and processes desired
- Technical discipline (i.e. science, engineering) or related experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented, strong planning, organizational and multi-task skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, to interact with all levels of the North American organization and service providers
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, capacity/constraint management, load leveling processes
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly Excel