Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
Market Manager, Textile Coatings
The incumbent in this position will carry out strategic business plans to support growth and new developments in the Americas Silicones textile coatings business. This includes a product portfolio of textile materials to serve diverse markets. He/she will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of marketing plans in line with the Americas and the worldwide Silicones business strategy by using internal and external resources, with the input and approval of the Global Business Manager for the Textile Coatings Market.
The Market Manager must work closely and in cooperation with leadership to identify and develop strategies to exploit market segment opportunities to accelerate the growth of the Americas Textile Coatings Market. This position must then use the skills of impact and influence to lead the focus of our commercial team as well as R&D activities in support of the communicated strategy. He/she will provide recommendations regarding product line offerings, customer profitability, sub-segmentation and strategies for improvement and will lead activities concerning price, product and promotion of our products. Additionally, they have responsibility for coordinating and preparing the market strategy, planning for the short term needs of the organization.
This position is also responsible for managing others supporting marketing and business development in the Americas, which includes activities such as making employment decisions, coaching, development, setting objectives and evaluating performance.
Finally, the Market Manager will work with the sales team to get first-hand knowledge of decision drivers at customer levels and market conditions.
- LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: ENGLISH
- JOB TYPE: MARKETING
- JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
- JOB CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, business or related field required or relevant work experience of at least 7-10 years. MBA degree with technical knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct business experience in sales, marketing or technical support desired. Experience in textile coatings is required as well as knowledge of the technical textile market.
- Knowledge of marketing disciplines including research, analyses, positioning and strategic planning.
- Strong project management skills. Initiative and ability to work with general guidance to keep projects on target.
- Direct supervisory responsibility leading, motivating and developing team members.
- Ability to identify, define and resolve issues pertaining to financial goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to work with individuals at all level of the organization, network and influence peers and managers to accomplish the business goals.
- Experience working in a functional and geographic matrix environment. Ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Ability to collect and analyze market data from internal and external sources and to transform this into useful information that provides direction for business objectives. Ability to align tactical plans with financial objectives.
- Detailed knowledge of Silicones technology desired.
- Strong computer skills including database development and utilization of technology based analytical tools and queries.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning and forecasting.
- Travel required to attend trade shows, meetings and customers, domestic and international. (30%)