Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
Demand Planner, Supply Chain
The Demand Planner is responsible for North American Supply Chain activities which include developing, implementing and managing operational and tactical demand strategies. The incumbent will need to influence, train, guide and aid our schedulers. The position must continually optimize demand planning to meet performance and financial goals.
This position has a direct impact on our adherence to product service levels and inventory targets. The incumbent must have a high attention to detail, strong skills in organization, planning, analysis, computer literacy and the ability to professionally and effectively communicate with Sales and Customer Service. In this role, the incumbent will make independent decisions to manage production planning to meet our customer requirements and insure the economical flow of finished goods. This role is the key interface between the Market Manager, Sales and Schedulers for creation of forecasts that are converted to schedules by the Schedulers.
Forecasts that this incumbent creates feed MRP demand requirements that drive schedules and raw material purchases that have major impact on OTIF, inventories and purchases. Responsibilities include supporting R&D, Business and Market Managers on new product introduction and program launches. This is done by following each department, so they provide required NPI data for timely and complete set-up and costing in SAP. Additionally, he/she must establish and maintain demand management process to promote continuous improvement, cost savings and customer delivery performance. The Demand Planner utilizes SAP, business knowledge and SOIP process to correctly maintain forecasted demand, MRP parameters and collaboration with the Schedulers. He/she is responsible for qualification and classification of demand data ensuring that all information is accurate and complete, performing on-going maintenance of records and communications and delivery of policies.
This position supports and participates in all site and company health, safety, environmental, World Class Manufacturing and Compliance requirements.
- LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: ENGLISH
- JOB TYPE: SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS
- JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
- JOB CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
- Bachelor’s degree, technical discipline preferred (i.e. supply chain, science, engineering) or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain or manufacturing operations related experience
- Demonstrated increasing responsibilities that exhibit leadership skills or ability to motivate and influence others
- Detailed knowledge of SAP, data warehouse and other similar systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain processes and application to the silicones business
- APICs certification preferred
- Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, strong planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization, domestically and abroad
- Thorough understanding of production unit capabilities and constraints
- Knowledge of internal enterprise organization as well as NA Shared Services or experience in a matrixed environment a plus
- Ability to travel periodically