Mechanical Design Project Lead
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Managers, the Mechanical Design Project Lead will provide leadership and coordination of Mechanical engineering functions and costing. The incumbent will assist in the development and implementation of mechanical engineering policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Recognize problems, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on major issue prior to releasing drawings to manufacturing
- Review and approve all project designs and that the designs meet the Eclipse high standards of quality, reliability and safety
- Develop and coordinate project designs within the controls engineering team
- Ensure concepts meet Eclipse Automation quality, safety and reliability standards
- Guide, direct, teach, assist and advise department staff on practical design practices and standards
- Guide, organize and coordinate assigned staff to prioritize project delivery
- Lead the controls engineering department project to ensure project contract deliverables are met
- Work to specific project budgets and timelines provided by project management
- Promote positive relations with partners, customers, vendors, and distributors
- Recommend and consistently administer policies and procedures to enhance department operations and support continuous improvement
- Enforce and promote Eclipse policies throughout the entire company including Human Resources, personal development, Safety and Environmental
- Recommend Eclipse Data Base improvements on an ongoing basis to increase efficiency throughout the company
- Liaise between all departments to ensure on time delivery of purchased items and on time delivery of Eclipse machinery and equipment
- Work with Human Resources and abide by the Employment Standards Act and the Eclipse Employee Handbook
- Promote environmentally and ergonomically safe conceptual product and/or processes to ensure safety of Eclipse personnel and the customer’s employees
- Initiate and supervise the planning and development of mechanical designs and order any required department materials
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Maintain a good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse Corporate Vision
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Act as the Point-Of-Contact for the PM department for all for assigned projects
- Update project completion with respect to weekly confirmation of critical milestones, labour hours and percent complete on project
- Ensure Scheduled milestones are met
- Update Open Issues List as required
- Notify the PM if milestones cannot be met
- Assist in performance reviews
- Attend appropriate meetings
- Assume full responsibility for department scope of assigned projects
- Delegation of duties of the project to team members
- Ensure that Company ISO Standards are followed
- Enter and/or update department employee time reports and job tasks allocations
- Ensure project tasks are entered correctly and promptly for accurate man hour records for project management department
- Respond to CAR’s issued to the department
- Expectation of travel up to 15% of the time could be anticipated, however this may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs
- Has successfully completed either a University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Robotics Automation Technology or Tool and Die Maker Diploma.
- Must have intermediate level experience with AutoCAD and Solid Works and be familiar with MS Office.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical controls and integration of equipment would be an asset.
- 7 years’ experience in the custom automation industry
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
This position is open for Eclipse Automation in Rock Hill, SC.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its sixth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 650 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complimentary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program