Marketing & Communications Specialist
At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a US-based Marcom expert to help our sites in Arizona and South Carolina shine, within our global organization. Reporting to the Director of Global Marketing and Communications at head office in Canada, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator for the US is responsible for the coordination and implementation of marketing communication projects in our US regions, that include: public relations, special events management, copywriting and editing, advertising, market research, and brand awareness campaigns. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the sales and marketing fields, and deliver as a collaborative member of our global Marcom team as well as working independently.
- Act as an integral, collaborative member of the Marcom team, to provide a full service in-house agency
- Capture or co-ordinate video/photos of projects at our SE and SW sites and maintain archives
- Assist US leadership in smooth and effective communication
- Amend corporate collateral for US needs, where these differ
- Create strategic US-specific content for social media, pending approvals from Head Office
- Cultivate local site brand ambassadors and support HR initiatives for recruitment and retention
- Modify layout of corporate templates of existing collateral, such as sales PPT
- Contribute to the existing Intranet site on WordPress
- Identify ways to improve/promote greater communication between all sites
- Identify industry trends and information to inform our sales/marketing efforts in the US
- Maintain customer email databases and GDPR considerations
- Manage vendor relationships and promo items purchase for local needs, with corporate approvals
- Manage US based tradeshow and other event logistics
- Update media lists and assist with PR initiatives as needed
- Manage marketing materials and branded collateral storage at site
- Assist in marketing related logistics, coordination and administration as needed
- Work requires a strong creative writer and top-notch interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and also be proactive as an independent contributor
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including the occasional weekend and/or travel as required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code and the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Pitch-in with a resourceful attitude and duties as required to get the job done
- Expectation of travel to Eclipse locations is less than 25% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet organizational needs
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant employee communications experience, automation experience is an asset
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premier Pro is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Creative and adaptable, able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth organization
This position is open for Eclipse in Rock Hill, SC.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its sixth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 700 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complimentary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program