At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will provide HR support to develop, implement and regulate company policies and procedures to ensure compliance of the current labour laws, and policies in support of the goals, objectives and initiatives of the organization. The incumbent will work within the full scope of generalist activity: recruitment, employee relations, performance management, regulatory and legal compliance, policy administration, and employee training and development, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Provide day to day support and project coordination on a range of matters including general inquiries on HR policies and practices and referencing provincial and/or state legislation
- Manage and administer HR related programs including (but not limited to) benefit programs, disability management, training and development, and employee engagement
- Build effective business relationships all departments to understand their operational people needs
- Lead Human Resources initiatives and work with all departments to achieve goals and objectives
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the HR team regarding policies and best practices
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to employees in all divisions regarding Human Resources policies, practices, Employment Standards
- Advise and assist in interpreting and applying various HR-related standard operating procedures, company policies, in determining appropriate corrective action, conflict resolution, and performance management techniques for their employees
- Actively seek feedback and make recommendations regarding employee engagement practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Participate in regular research and compliance initiatives regarding Human Resources issues
- Develop and update policies and procedures as required, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and applicable legislation
- Assist with the investigation of all complaints and participate in the resolution of employee relations issues
- Act as an employee advocate through interpretation and communication of policies and procedures, and facilitation of employee committees
- Assist in enforcing Eclipse policies throughout the department including Human Resources, Safety and Environmental
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Expectation of travel to Eclipse locations is less than 10% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet organizational needs
- Has successfully completed a University degree or College diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in HR, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Strong relationship building and partnering skills, and experience providing consultative human resources services to an internal team
- Proven ability to research and understand applicable laws and legislation
- Must have strong organizational skills
This position is open for Eclipse Automation in Rock Hill, SC.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its fifth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a five-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 650 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complementary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program