Controls Hardware Designer
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Controls Engineering Manager, the Controls Hardware Designer will contribute to concept review, designing to current electrical and safety standards and maintaining customer specifications using Eclipse templates while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture
- Design and develop common electrical designs as per customer and project requirements based on standard Eclipse methods
- Provide electrical assistance during the various stages of integration
- Select, test and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers
- Work with other members of the control systems design department and other groups to continuously improve methods of design, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system
- Provide accurate documentation for each project
- Advise customer on solving technical problems
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and actively participate in group meetings
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as required in varying timelines
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not projected to be met by expected due dates
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse Corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier locations is less than 5% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs
- A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in mechanical, electrical, systems or computer engineering.
- Experience with Autocad
- Knowledge of various electrical machinery standards such as NFPA 70/79, CSAZ22.1-12 would be an asset
- Knowledge of various safety standards such as EN ISO 13849 OR EN 62061 would be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience in an automation environment will be considered an asset
This position is open for Eclipse in Rock Hill, SC.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its sixth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 650 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complimentary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program