At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the President of our SE division, the Buyer will work indirectly with Project Management, Operations and Design Engineers to ensure project goals are met on budget. The incumbent will work with Shipping and Receiving to ensure that materials and equipment flow through the system while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Manual and computerized inventory control
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- To ensure smooth flow and timely delivery of materials, goods and services throughout different departments and operations
- Participate in the preparation, processing and administration of materials goods and services
- Provide assistance for project and department budgets, pricing, delivery of goods and services as approved by department or Project Management department
- Generate high value purchase orders and ensure that all purchases are properly approved and consistent with company policies and procedures
- Follow up on and expedite orders to ensure adherence to contract delivery terms; investigate and resolve problems; coordinate returns and monitor accuracy of invoicing
- Liaison between ALL departments to ensure on time delivery of purchased items and on time delivery of Eclipse machinery and equipment
- Assist in managing inventory levels of materials for the company
- Responsible for initiating the counting of inventory for accounting
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations and decrease turnaround times
- Gather and analyze data and make recommendations to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of materials, goods and services
- Research and develop a vendor / supplier base line that will give Eclipse a competitive edge on all product purchases
- Implement and maintain department procedures and standards
- Recognize problems, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on purchasing issues
- Recommend and consistently administer policies and procedures to enhance department operations and support continuous improvement
- Recommend Eclipse Data Base improvements on an ongoing basis to increase efficiency throughout the company
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Must be self-motivated and lead by example with a positive attitude and outlook
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain a good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Expectation of travel to Eclipse locations is less than 10% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet organizational needs
- A self-motivated individual that has successfully completed either a University Degree or College Diploma in Materials Management, Business Management or a Purchasing / Administration for Businesses related program, or equivalent experience
- Working toward a Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation would be an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have a broad knowledge of raw materials, commercial and electrical items.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have computer skills with MS Office, email and internet. Have a basic understanding of AutoCAD and database operational / search engines and ability to read blueprints.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication; interpersonal skills and driven with ability to provide leadership in a hands on environment, assertive, dependable and resourceful to successfully interact with engineering and operations staff.
This position is open for our Southeast Division in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its sixth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 650 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental PlanEr
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complementary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program