Technical Sales Support Specialist
Technical Sales Support Specialist will collaborate with sales management, field service, and customer service functions to support SPD business objectives and goals. It will be the responsibility of the Technical Sales Support Specialist to support field sales management as needed to meet or exceed sales targets. This includes, but is not limited to, daily interaction with distributor personnel, training them to become more self-sufficient with Ebara products, pricing and policies; mining and tracking of project opportunities through various stages; specification review; preparation of quotations, submittals, complex order entry, and after sales support.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to develop and maintain positive working relationship with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- You are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. At ALL times working safely is a condition of employment.
- Work with sales management to implement annual business plans designed to expand and grow sales of all products in the SPD
- Work with distribution/representation, OEM customers, and Regional Sales Managers to develop relationships and capture new business:
- Train and work with distribution (OEMs) to increase competence in Ebara SPD products, processes, policies and procedures. Help distributor (OEM) personnel to become self-sufficient through use of collateral materialsprovided by SPD for the purpose of selection, presentation, and quotation of SPD products.
- Review technical specifications with distribution and Regional Sales Managers to influence the development of technical specifications favorable to Ebara products.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the state of project activity. Conduct a thorough review of project plans and specifications, note exceptions and/or clarifications to reconcile SPD proposal with project documents in each phase of project activity.
- Work closely with distribution, sales management, SPD engineering, Ebara companies, and outside vendors to ensure accuracy and timely preparation of quotations for bid projects; the target is to present our distributor with a formal quotation a minimum of two days prior to the advertised bid date.
- Assist in the accurate and timely preparation of complex project submittals and assure that Installation, Operation, and Maintenance (IOM) Manuals are provided at or before shipment of equipment.
- Enter complex purchase orders for pumps and parts as needed.
- Utilize business systems including ERP, CRM and other related systems to track case activity, to record and track sales activity, and to maintain up-to-date records on SPA’s (Special Price Authorizations), discount structures, and distributor personnel.
- Respond to or interface with Customer Service to assure an accurate response to all customer inquiries are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Direct purchase orders for standard pumps or parts, all inquiries for delivery estimates/schedules, material returns, credit requests, trade show support materials, literature, and other collateral material to Customer Service.
- Work closely Customer Services orders and inquiries (Salesforce Cases) are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide intra-company support for product and customer service enhancements.
- Adhere to and make suggestions for continuous improvement of systems, processes, policies, and procedures
- Maintain best practices for on-time and up-to-date reporting of inside sales activity (calendars, activity reports, expense reports, project and quote logs, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.