SENIOR MANAGER STRATEGIC SOURCING (PACKAGING)
Position title: Senior Manager Strategic Sourcing (Packaging)
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers.
But how we do things is as important as what we do. In every industry we serve, we continually find ways to do a better job. Develop a better product. Improve a manufacturing process. Manage natural resources responsibly and make the best use of every asset we have. We work efficiently, lead quietly and let our products and customer service do the talking.
Throughout our history, we’ve relied on our agility to meet the demands of an evolving world. Today, our spirit of innovation drives deliberate improvement and our commitment to caring runs deep. We constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities. It’s just our way of doing things.
In this role, you’ll help create a competitive advantage for Domtar by building winning supplier partnerships and effectively managing company resources. Working with the businesses, you will drive sustainable top and bottom-line growth through supplier innovation, margin and cash management, and efficient source-to-pay processes.
You’ll help create a competitive advantage for Domtar by building winning supplier partnerships and effectively managing company resources. Working with the businesses, you will drive sustainable top and bottom-line growth through supplier innovation, margin and cash management, and efficient source-to-pay processes.
Responsible for developing and driving execution of category management strategies for the achievement of long-term goals and short-term business plans, supplier relationship management, and stakeholder management for various indirect and direct materials categories, including chemicals, packaging, and/or MRO, marketing, consulting and various service-oriented relationships. Manages the development and delivery of value from the supply base to mitigate risk, reduce cost, and reduce working capital to meet and exceed business and customer expectations.
- Utilize strategic sourcing, including supplier capability assessments, defining business requirements, sourcing events, and negotiations to develop robust category strategies, leading spend categories in the $10M-$50M range with a portfolio of at least $100M.
- Systematically identify and analyze category risk and implement risk management strategies to reduce the potential impact of risks and assure continuity of supply.
- Develop market intelligence on suppliers within category, including supply/demand, costs, key material indexes, benchmarks in industry and market.
- High level of engagement with stakeholders, including corporate and purchasing teams at regional locations, to develop and execute multi-year strategies, representing current and future market conditions and organization requirements.
- Drive the Sourcing and Procurement vision through the stakeholder community
- Confidently represent the organization in negotiating agreements, establishing clear negotiation strategy, objectives, plans, and response to various negotiating tactics to secure optimum prices, quality and service.
- Negotiate contract language and provide recommendations to leadership/Legal and constructive feedback to suppliers to ensure that contracts are in place with every key supplier.
Net Cost Management
- Identify, forecast, and execute on inflation targets, savings opportunities and working capital improvements.
- Anticipate and provide value added information, including forecasting future events and behaviors, to forecast the effects of potential outcomes in business strategies.
- Analyze regional spend data, develop/improve cost models, and understand business needs.
- Develop decision support tools and models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs affecting working capital.
- Understand the cost drivers within the category, along with market trends and industry benchmarking, to assure the lowest Total Cost of Ownership is achieved.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Use Supplier Relationship Management techniques to deliver increasing levels of service, quality, innovation and competitive advantage.
- Carry out capabilities assessments and build collaborative, long-term key supplier relationships to drive value to the business.
- Understand the current supply base and competitors within the category as well as market trends, and technical and commercial elements to formulate strategies that derive value.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders early to ensure buy in and support, helping others overcome resistance to change.
- Collaborate and align with Corporate Sourcing and Procurement team on different topics, including benchmarking, data gathering and analysis, and implementation of new tools.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering, supply chain or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of sourcing experience or demonstrated performance managing comparable scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrated track record driving change and delivering results within complex categories.
- Ability to quickly learn new categories, integrating formal strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Strong Research analysis and collaboration Skills
- Advanced technical /computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills – ability to analyze ambiguous data, determine key information elements, develop optimal plans, and recommend & execute action plans that weigh risks and benefits
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- ARIBA experience preferred.
- Experience leading packaging, chemicals, and/or indirect categories (MRO, marketing, consulting and various service-oriented relationships) preferred.
- Experience managing others
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.