SENIOR ADVISOR, HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS
Position: Senior Advisor, Health & Welfare Benefits
Location:Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Senior Manager, Health & Welfare Benefits
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Health & Welfare Benefits, the incumbent will be part of our Benefits Center of Expertise and contribute to ensure benefits programs comply with legal requirements and meet employee needs in order to attract, motivate and retain key talent. The incumbent will act as an expert regarding all benefits topics and she/he is in contact with all related stakeholders (employees, benefits administrators, external suppliers, Finance, Labor Relations, Human Resources, and government agencies) to ensure that the benefits plans are compliant.
- Responsible for ensuring all programs, designs and policies are legally compliant with all benefits related legislation, such as ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, and ERISA.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships to ensure regulatory compliance, contracting, and service level agreements.
- Responsible for management of plan documents and filing obligations. Stay current with proposed legislation, identify impact on existing programs, and ensure plan compliance with regulatory changes.
- Act as subject matter expert on benefit offerings and engage with internal/external stakeholders to diagnose and recommend solutions to complex benefits issues
- Engage in open enrollment process, including proposing recommendations on the benefits plan changes, leading testing with the vendor, and developing communications for a variety of channels
- Coordinate benefits administration activities between our various locations, insurers, benefit plan administrators, and consultants.
- Provide support to the business for union negotiations
- Provide training to shared services staff in regards to benefits and leave management.
- Keep abreast of good governance of benefits practices in our different locations and of key benefits trend, issues and opportunities; outlines strategic alternatives and recommends actions which meet all compliance requirements.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. Benefit Laws and Regulations
- Have strong project management skills and analytical capabilities
- Be multi-task oriented in a fast paced environment with excellent planning and organizational skills, sound judgment and attentive to details
- Have strong advisory skills in order to resolve problems and be client focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with internal/external partners
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Certificate in Business Administration, HR or Paralegal
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience in benefits in a multi-state environment (advisory role, analysis, project management) within a consultancy, a corporate office, or a multinational company.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced proficiency in Excel.
Preferred Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Legal Studies
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or CEBS designation and/or experience with global benefits are assets.
- Knowledge of Canadian Benefit Laws and Regulations
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.