The Leave of Absence (LOA) Coordinator is responsible for the day to day administration of all Leave of Absence Policies. All transaction must be processed in a timely manner while complying with all applicable laws. Processing will include all aspects of employee leave of absences in SAP for all Canadian and US employees. The LOA Coordinator ensures SAP and case management systems are updated. This role is part of the Human Resources Employee Service Center (DESC).
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with local human resource representatives and external provider to obtain the necessary information needed to effectively process leave requests.
- Provides guidance to local human resource representatives regarding all leave of absences cases.
- Acts as the middle person between the local human resource representative and the provider.
- Provides information requested from the local HR rep and the provider and resolves LOA issues related to payment, absence dates, documentation, etc. in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, administers and accurately records all leave of absences in HRIS and ticketing system in a timely manner while complying with internal policies.
- Prepares invoice letters for US employees to cover their benefit premiums while on unpaid leave.
- Collects the benefit premium checks and processes payment of checks in a timely manner in order to minimize arrears.
- Participates with testing of improvements or corrections needed to the HRIS system.
- Attends weekly conference calls with provider and other teams to address claim issues.
- Documents procedures related to leave of absence processing and reporting.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively resolve escalated issues
- Attentive listening skills that enable asking of probing questions to aid them in problem solving and issue escalation
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in employee leaves management, benefits administration or human resources.
- Experience using HRIS system is required, SAP experience a plus
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.