Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide world class, responsive service to Domtar’s stakeholders by delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations and systems of internal controls. The Internal Audit Department assists the Company with accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, business processes, internal controls, and governance processes.
Domtar’s Internal Audit Department consists of approximately 25 employees and reports to the Audit Committee and on a dotted line basis to the Senior Vice-President and Chief Legal and Administrative Officer.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit, you will be part of a dynamic and committed team and actively participate in the Department’s activities. These activities include performing operational, financial, compliance and strategic audits, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, project assistance, special requests and investigations.
- Plan audit mandates and identify internal controls to mitigate risks identified during planning;
- Comprehend and document business processes using flow charts and narratives;
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls identified;
- Document the work performed and the results obtained;
- Identify, prioritize and communicate, to business process owners, internal control deficiencies noted during testing and provide recommendations to remediate control deficiencies;
- Communicate progress and results of the audit to the business process owners and Department Management throughout the audit;
- Synthesize in writing through draft audit reports, the results and findings of the audits in a concise and accurate manner which includes relevant, actionable recommendations to improve processes, systems, and controls;
- Perform ad hoc management and Department requests.
Key Skill Sets:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Great team player;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Organized and able to plan your work appropriately in order to meet deadlines;
- Solid communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to exercise judgment and tact in dealing with others;
- Available to travel (20-25% of the time) primarily within the United States, Canada and Europe on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Major in Accounting or in a related field;
- CPA certification is preferred (Canada or Unites States); CISA, CIA, CFE certification or other relevant designation is an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years of audit experience;
- Comprehensive understanding of risks, internal controls and financial statement assertions;
- Ability to conceptualize and execute data analytics during mandates;
- Basic understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP, JDE, Oracle and audit command language (ACL) or similar tool is an asset;
- Very strong oral and written skills in English;
- Ability to communicate in French or Spanish is considered as asset
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.