Location: Rock Hill, SC
Reports to: Finance & Planning Manager
Reporting to the Finance & Planning Manager, this role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar’s Rock Hill converting site as well as for other Finance leaders.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including submitting journal entries and preparing reconciliations for proper cutoffs
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for all assets and liability accounts
- Prepare/present annual budgets and forecasts including requested variance analysis
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including period variance analysis
- Process accounts payable
- Complete waste billing templates for non-paper sales
- Code and add descriptions on Purchase card transactions
- Provide tax, insurance and audit (internal and external) support as necessary
- Research and explain cost variations
- Maintain/improve internal controls regarding purchases, inventory and payroll
- Capital – provide information to support requests, prepare and submit requests, close and capitalize projects
- Review inventory (rolls, sheets, packaging and maintenance) for aged and/or obsolete materials
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data
- Assist on special assignments and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Possess ability and track record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained
- Perform annually/quarterly property tax return and government reports
- Help coordinate and review physical inventory process and results
- Maintain item costing and quarterly transfer pricing uploads in JD Edwards
Key Skill Sets:
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to understand accounting data, spreadsheets and concepts and simplify and communicate a message in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse teams across organizations levels, locations and business functions
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 0 – 2 years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing operations environment /processes is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience working in an ERP system, preferably SAP, Kronos and JD Edwards experience are an asset
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.