Sector Marketing Manager, Education
Diversey, Inc. is a global leader in sustainable, high-performance hygiene and cleaning solutions, operating in two distinct verticals: Professional, which specializes in floor care machines, cleaning tools & utensils, chemicals, and digitally enabled systems; and, Food & Beverage, which specializes in solutions that integrate chemicals, design engineering, remote data monitoring, and predictive analytics to help optimize food safety, and water and energy conservation.
Diversey is the only player in the hygiene and cleaning industry that integrates machines, chemistry, and digital analytics into solutions that deliver productivity improvement, risk management and sustainability. Since 2012, Diversey has executed significant organizational / operational cost structure realignment, transforming the business and positioning it for substantial growth and profitability improvement. The company is also pioneering digital innovation in the hygiene and cleaning industry, transforming the industry with the Internet of Clean™, robotics, sustainability innovations, and knowledge-based services (a space that is expected to see double-digit growth over the next five years).
Diversey employs approximately 9,000 people globally. In 2017, parent company Sealed Air Corporation sold Diversey to Bain Capital Private Equity for approximately $3.2 billion.
ABOUT BAIN CAPITAL
Bain Capital is one of the world’s foremost private investment firms, with approximately $85 billion under management across several asset classes including private equity, venture capital, public equity, credit and real estate. Founded in 1984, Bain Capital’s more than 400 professionals are collectively the single largest investor in all of its funds.
Our brand values are what we stand for and believe in, they act as our guiding principles and set the standard for how our brand should behave in the world.
- We believe in being courageously caring. We care about our people, our partnerships, our customers, our planet and the promises we make. Care is embedded in everything we do and everything we believe.
- We believe in being disciplined entrepreneurs. We’re tireless in our pursuit of the new and next idea. Our never-ending spirit and continued determination is what drives us to be better than we were the day before. We meet challenges head on, we raise the bar every day, and we win.
- We believe in making decisive decisions. We hold ourselves to high standards which means we have to make tough decisions. We don’t take these decisions lightly, but we’re prepared to make these choices for the good of our business and the good of our people.
The role of Education Sector Marketing Manager is responsible for expanding Diversey’s already dominant market leadership position in our business category. Reporting to the North America Vice President of Marketing, this role will create and drive a renewed value proposition and go-to-market strategy for K-12, Colleges and Universities consistent with current micro and macro trends. This includes: industry association participation and thought leadership, portfolio offering optimization; tools and training development for sales and customers, and downstream marketing to support sales efforts.
Integral to the success of this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships– both with internal and external stakeholders.
Externally, this position will partner with professional organizations, engage with industry groups, engage with customer stakeholders and develop the valued approach to these markets for both them and Diversey.
- Create value through understanding emerging trends and stakeholder needs including administrators, teachers, nurses, facilities staff, students and parents
- Build Diversey’s brand awareness and credibility across all education stakeholders
- Provide comprehensive support in the development of new business
- Act as industry liaison and expert in all areas the education market
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Infection Prevention needs, how to step up disinfection and evaluate the optimal market & competitive position, reporting back unmet customer needs and actions
- Conduct Industry research and competitive intelligence
- Define and refine the optimal portfolio offering across all areas including housekeeping / cleaning, foodservice and laundry, infection prevention and overall building care.
- Develop tools to support the launch and execution of key innovations and programs including bid programs and Co-op partnerships
- Work closely with the Portfolio Managers to define appropriate pricing across all education segments
- Partner with sales and portfolio teams to develop and execute a successful value proposition and product line marketing strategy for Diversey
- Create / update all online resources and content for internal and external stakeholders and markets, to ensure our product messaging is clear and concise
- Contribute to Portfolio Strategies and Innovation Roadmaps
- Analyze portfolio performance along key metrics, draw implications and develop recommendations based on key market trends
- Support sales and channel marketing in the development of portfolio-specific customer proposals, sales presentations and key customer program implementations
- Key Deliverables
- Achievement of Growth Objectives
- Association participation – NASN, state Nursing associations, AASA, NEA, NASSP, etc.
- Outreach and building of target with communication strategy
- Targeted customer business development strategy with sales team
- Value proposition review and refinement
- Marketing, sales and training tools
- Own the customer planning and execution strategies
- Optimized bid pricing and tracking program
- Value proposition development by sub-sector
- Go to market planning and execution
- Portfolio alignment and offering
- Online commerce planning and execution
- Communication / outreach strategy for all education stakeholders including school staff, parents, students and the local communities
- Four year undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum five years of business ideally either directly in an education setting or marketing and selling to the education market
- Demonstrated online / digital marketing acumen
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams to balance solutions in accordance with budget, schedule and tools
- Professional and effective facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment – Should be able to multi-task with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail – Able to develop accurate and effective written materials
- Strong market research and planning with successful execution and measurement
- Collaborative team player – Should be able to establish solid working relationships with stakeholders
- Professional communication skills – Should be able to communicate with peers, customers and vendors both via verbal and written communication
- Ability to influence customer behavior using new ways of thinking, change habits, increase awareness, engagement, trial and acceptance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.